Dragon Seinendan ドラゴン青年団 [series]

Cute but its more like a failed Yuusha Yoshihiko. What was that ending? 





First off I was confused that the theme tune was Kat-tun not Kanjani, but that was the least of my problems with this show. 

I liked it enough at the time, maybe because I really wanted to like it - I love to watch Yasu being seriously Yastastic but alas he was kind of the only thing that was worth watching it for. well, Daito Shunsuke, adorable Renbutsu Misako as well. Ok so the cast was great, and actually everyone was really good. 


I loved the setting; really reminds me of Yuusha Yoshihiko in the sort of gameplay style of scenario, but I was really disappointed with its non ending end. Im not sure if that's what they were going for but it felt like a real anti climax. 

Cast: 

Yasuda Shota - Yoshio 
Renbutsu Misako - Yoko 
Endo Kaname - Kenji 
Honda Chikara - Tamotsu 
Yusuke Santamaria - group leader 
Daito Shunsuke - Kazuki 
Araki Yuko - Yuka 



A dragon appears in Tokyo, all flames and carnage. 

At this time in Hikariyama City, three childhood friends Yoshio, Kenji, and Tamotsu, on finding a scroll at a used bookstore, discover that they are in fact the descendants of the Warrior of Light. 

They decide to take on the responsibility of killing the dragon and saving their neighbouring city. 

Kamenashi Kazuya apparently does a little guest star appearance which I dont even remember. 

I remember them all trudging around looking for crystals and getting really stupid powers, finding birthmarks on themselves which they really should have noticed by that point in their lives, and Yusuke Santamaria being epic and brilliant as usual. 

I first saw him in Bimbo Danshi and have super joys every time he turns up in a drama when I'm not expecting it. He was very funny, stepping in to seemingly cause issues but ultimately being awesome and helping them on their way. 


The idea was so close to being great but the execution of it was lacking somewhere. 

I did enjoy it, I like dramas which spoof video games or other movies. 

But this was a little bit frustrating. 

Not Kingdom Hearts frustrating because I'm so useless I cant beat the cards and save Alice in the second level, its just that I found the character's stupidity a little bit over the top and the story wasn't quite enough. I didn't really notice until the end though, it felt like it was building to something that never came into fruition. 


Only by the end of the last episode I realised it wasn't going anywhere. It duped me up until that point thinking there would be a cool show down with terrible graphics. Nothing much happens and it felt a little pointless to have sat through. 


I think the bar has been set pretty damn high with Yoshihiko now, I don't think any gameplay spoof dramas are going to touch that by miles. 

Its a shame that this didn't delivery because they wasted a great cast by not giving it enough ...something. 

Im not even totally sure what it is that is wrong with it to be perfectly honest. Just missing something. 


I don't like to write something off like this, but I prefer things that are so bad I love them ,or so great I cant stand it, sadly this is neither of those. Like I said, it was enjoyable at the time, up until the end and it suddenly felt like a big fat waste of time. But that's just what I took from it. 

Maybe when I got back over it to get the screen shots I will rewrite all this because I've been swayed by remembering all the good parts... If you're reading these words right now then that didn't happen.

Guess not then.




~

No comments:

Post a Comment