3 iron 빈집 [movie]

another kim ki duk movie, warning: fan girling alert. 





I'm going to be stingy with the screen shots - I actually don't want to show you anything. I love this film for how unexpectedly beautiful and gorgeous it is, you should watch it without knowing anything if you can. If you have read any of my previous reviews of Kim Ki Duk's movies you will know what to expect for me. Shall i get it out of the way now? Because for F*CK SAKE i swear the man has the most phenomenal vision. Just so stunning.  


This particular movie is twisted, quiet, soulful and weird, just as you would expect, but - I don't know why, but somehoe it knocks the sh*t out of everything else I've seen lately. 


To explain the plot I think all I will say is Tae-Suk (Jae-Hee - Art of fighting, Bloody beach, Korean ghost stories) is a homeless guy who breaks into and lives in people's houses when they are away on holiday. Sun-Hwa (Lee Seung-Yeon - Cinderella, Love and ambition) is the abused wife of a rich man who meets Tae-Suk when he breaks into her house when she is home. They form an unusual relationship and save each other in strange ways from their troubled existences. 


Please give this movie the time to grown into the work of art of art it is. the second part of the movie is so moving and strange. Kim Ki Duk da kara ne.


Yep, well that's it. told you I was being stingy with the screen shots. I really dont want to spoil it. Shortest review ever. Gah. Seems weird for one of my favourite movies in the world to have such a short review. Jae-Hee, I should add, is captivating. Couldn't think of a better person to play such an odd guy.  














you can watch it here



No comments:

Post a Comment