Piece ピース [series]

Watching this drama made me realise I never reviewed Koishite Akuma, I thought I had...




So, formatting on here has been a nightmare, so don't expect these pages to look neat anymore. I'm done with it. Its driving me crazy trying to make it work for me. 

This drama isn't worth my stress anyway.

It wasn't exactly bad, but the first few episodes it could do without entirely. 

I don't really understand why they built a drama around such unlikable characters...

I should start at the beginning instead of ranting from the end I guess.

I was a little worried when I sat down to watch this random series I had aquired, 

when I saw that it's main peoples were cotton-teeth vampire girl Honda Tsubasa and skeleton face vampire boy Nakayama Yuma

I had a moment of 'maybe I should just finish watching Rebound instead' but for some insane reason I decided to watch a drama I wasn't likely to get that emotionally invested in due to it being sh*t.



Ah that is a little harsh I guess but jeez they made mountains out of mole hills. 

Nakayama is great as a moody messed up scowly bony misunderstood psychological experiment of his unfeeling science-mom

oh I should point out, I'm going to be filling this whole review with spoilers 

because the plot synopsis would be so boring if I say only the beginning. 



In fact, lets ignore the beginning and I'll just start from the middle. This unsure, indecisive, cold seeming girl and this idiot arrogant psych-mom experiment excuse for a boy become sort of friends or partners or whatever their sick-ass connection really is - no-one seems to know right through till the very end...

He is in bed with every girl he can as he is all messed up by psycho-science-mom and she is just ...an idiot.

There is nothing likable about her at all. Not the best choice for a leading character. 

Especially as she narrates through the entire thing with her simpering pathetic attempt at existential self reflection literally every 30 seconds.

Lots of stuff happened around her that she was totally unaware of and through the death of her classmate she comes to retrace those unknown footsteps of her high school years.

The dead girl - yankumi-chibi as I like to call her - has been the most misunderstood by all; 

and a scooby gang of idiots begins to form as they search to find this ever elusive ex boyfriend they believe is hidden in the unknown past which distresses the grieving mother at the funeral.

Its all pretty tenuous but they all get involved - turns out they were all involved anyway - all their secrets come out -

a pregnancy, iron bar beating and a few destroyed paintings later 

and everyone's stories are told but no-one ever goes back to tell the mother what happened in the end. 

Stoopid.

...I don't think this guy is too pleased.... though.... can you ever tell?


The last few episodes are definitely more watchable than the first few. Start from, like, ep4 or something. Or just not at all. I should've watched Rebound. Aibu Saki is such cute as chubs.







~


No comments:

Post a Comment