Ghost friends ゴーストフレンズ [series]

i have a feeling this will be gushy ranting...


Ghosty comedy heart warming lovey stuffs from the start, going rather well alongside Kasukana kanojo which is taking forever to come out. 

So in search of something else to watch as I prepare for my last exams I remembered I had never finished Ghost Friends so I found a site where the files actually worked this time (the reason for dropping it the first time) and picked up where I left off.  ...Episode 1. 


I had not seen I.S. Intersexual when I tried to watch this series the first time round, 

now I have and it makes it all the more awesome as I now absolutely adore Fukada Saki, so much

There is something unusually beautiful about her - I cant put my finger on exactly what - and I'm sure she isn't conventionally pretty but my god is she beautiful. 




Some how I find myself racing over her features trying to pin point what it is that I like almost every time she is on screen.     cutest. pout. ever.



Also (the reason I orginally sought out this drama) it co stars the wonderful Nishijima Hiro. 

Oh how I adore that guy. Gush gush gush gush... you might want to skip past this torrent of adoration to save yourself the pain. 

But seriously I have a hard job finding fault with him. His performances are always deep and effortless, and I cant ever forget Ai no Mukidashi. The way he played his role stayed with me. 


Nisshi has the most awesome smiling face - Ive said many times - for a person who emits so much warmth he does tend to always play cold and troubled characters. 

No change for this one, though as usual its a multi textured job as with Tumbling and everything else he's ever been in. 

So, to the plot.


Asuka (Fukada) sees ghosts. Ghost Whisperer style she helps them out with their requests and the like. 

She meets Kaito (Nisshi) and discovers there are more complications between the ghost and human worlds than she knew. 

Kaito appears human to her but she soon finds out that he too is in fact a ghost. Which sucks for her as she pretty much falls for his awesomeness straight away. As do any people with eye sight. That boy is seriously beautiful - literally ooooooozes cool. And chipmunky cuteness. How is that possible? 

He is a ghost chasing down his girlfriend's ghost who keeps possessing people - which is strictly against the rules. As Asuka helps Kaito in his troubled non-existence she falls for him and wonders if a human ghost/relationship could ever be possible. He begins to take courage and motivation from Asuka and her support, but is constantly uneasy. Enter concerned Nisshi face stage leftRecipe for all ending in tears? Not telling. But at least I'll say it's funny sad cutes. Which is pretty obvious anyway.

It is hard not to love these two. I guess it works well that Nisshi is pitted against Fukada Saki, she is somehow stunningly beautiful even though she is kind of tomboyish - they both have this sort of honest presence - very comfortable to watch. Both seriously capable of adorable smiling and super serial serious faces.




So the ghosts - bad CGI. When the ghosts are interacting in the human world people get a bit freaked out when things go flying around and people get possessed but nothing ever comes of it. Bit like Kamen Rider - people aren't supposed to know about the big ass rubber suity monsters but so many bystanders get in the cross fire...



In the first episode the little boy causes so much havoc in the hospital - people would be hard pressed to forget. And the floating flowers..? Oh dear god. But I think this is one of those things where you would suspend usual reasoning. I think it really is more to do with the story of their friendship than realism. 

I remember shouting many times at Jennifer Love Hewlett Packard when watching Ghost Whisperer - pretend you are talking on the phone! you look like a crazy person! No-one else can see them remember?

As for the guardian ghosty freak woman with the massive cheek implants... what the actual fuck is she...?

So, onto nicer things... I love the way Kaito looks like he is filled with warmth every time Asuka lends him her strength. 

Sqeeee. 

I do sit there wondering why I cant look nice like her with hair that length. 

Damn it. Its the same! Demo zenzen chigau yo. 



"Harmony" ja nakute "Ham" da. hehehehehehehe best line.




Ok so I don't even care that all my screen shots aside from the melon ham are of the two of them looking gorgeous. Nothing and no-one else. Ha! They are so photogenic. I couldn't help myself. ♥














~

No comments:

Post a Comment