Bunshin 分身 [mini series]

mini review for a mini seires





There is a little bit of a Nana-esqu thing going on in the promo for Bunshin, but it is a very different animal - this drama. Its actually quite dark but I didnt really feel the seriousness of it to be honest.

Nagasawa Masami is lovely as ever. She plays 2 (actually 3) people in this mini drama. No shortage of her at all. It has an unexpected dark turn of events (well more like the unfurling story of a series of dark events of the past) and we get to see her singing… Which is all i cared about after she opened her mouth… She’s too cute. Always. And its nice to have her experience a quiet dilemma about her existence rather than getting smashed to bits by Roro. So, yeah. 



Its pretty pointless doing a cast list as Nagasawa plays pretty much everyone in this drama. So ... plot?

Mariko grew up believing her mother did not love her, and on finding some belongings that seemed strange, she decided to find out more about her deceased mother's past and discover where the ominous feeling she had always had came from.


Mariko finds way more than she expected to; an apparent twin sister Futaba (also played by Nagasawa) and her father's twisted world at his work place - the union he had formed with his colleagues and the current threat posed to their broken family.




It was an ok drama, I'm glad it wasn't full length though because I really think it would have been long and drawn out. It is one of those shows I will soon forget I ever saw, then one day when I see this post or the files on my drive I will think.... now what the hell was that one about? Only to realise Ive blurred the memories of this and KouKou Nyushi together to make one awesome messed up drama in my head.

It happens when I watch stuff back to back. You should watch the weird drama I have in my brain of Kaeri Naru Spy / Unubore Deka / Shibatora / Deka Wanko all rolled up into one super strange piece of nonsense.







~

No comments:

Post a Comment