gachibaka ガチバカ! [series]

male teacher who was a boxer, mixed gender school, but aside from that it is essentially gokusen.


Tegomass! That should be all I need to say really. Tegoshi has to walk around like someone urinated on his favourite teddy bear, Massu jumps over gates and fences, runs everywhere, and grins a lot, they even have a little scrap with each other at one point, I couldn’t care what else goes on really. I’d be happy with that. To be fair, I could watch Massu running and jumping over gates for days without getting bored. He’d die of exhaustion long before.



For those few who weren’t in gokusen and wouldn’t be in tumbling, we have gachibaka. Just an excuse to have Tegomass scrapping over a girl and getting beaten up quite a lot. All good fun. It actually is a recycling of Gok though, you may think I’m exaggerating. It has pretty much the same story lines and the premise is almost identical apart from the yakuza stuff. But that is ok. It is fine by me. I’m happy any day of the week you wanna put Tegomass in a stupid drama together. I think it’s about time you did it again. who am i talking to here?



There is a bit about teenage pregnancy, sexual harassment, a stabbing, and even a sexual assault attempt in there too, so it is quite harsh compared to Gok in a way. But it is the same old sh*t where his class gets the blame for everything that goes wrong or gets stolen or vandalized etc, then teacher has to save the day by not giving up – always always resulting in lots of running like a mad man down the street. Sounding like Gok yet?

Tegomass’s characters are in love with the same girl, so that is fun. Tegoshi doesn’t crack a smile for practically the whole damn show, and Massu is – well he’s pretty much just Massu, you know how he is. All smiles and hug to deathable.



This guy Takahashi Katsunori who plays the teacher is great. I think it must be hard to cast these main roles because it has to carry the whole show, and on this overly tried and tested premise how do you keep your audience from losing interest if your lead actor is not perfect? Well I rarely see a badly cast drama and this is no exception.



There is a lot more to say about this program I’m sure. When I watch it I do become involved in the story and other characters, but when I think back on it I only end up ranting about Tegomass. But that is my own issue. So, sorry about that. Can’t be helped. If there was a Tegomassaddicts anonymous to help me through then I may make better reviews or at least watch something that doesn’t have at least one member of News in it this month. Let me see, Ashita no joe, Gachibaka again, Zenkai girl, Hanawake, Waraeru koi, Rescue, - seriously that is a lot of News for September. I hate that I have to post these way after I write them too because I have no f*cking internet!!! It is doing my head in. I miss dramawiki. I am having to remember all this sh*t myself without double checking names and stuff. And I have watched a hell of a lot of things this September and they will all be posted in October November now damn it. It shouldn’t bug me but it does.


So more to the point, I wonder how long it will be before I watch Gachibaka again. If Tegomass don’t do something else soon I guess I will end up watching it yet again. I would love to see News in a drama all together but it is pretty damn impossible. Tegomass and Koyashige could do a drama – god that would be brilliant. They could be the heads of rival gangs, or all be in the police force as two rookie cops and two old hand detectives, tracking down evil mastermind baka Sato Jiro heh that would be brilliant.


Hmmm let me see, Koyama could be a guy would has been roped into marrying the crazy scary posh *this fish is not fresh!* lady from the fish market who turns out to some rich banker’s daughter, in order to help his friend (played of course by cheeky Shige) who got into a dai pinchi when he lost all his money to a female sagishi who conned him with a insane story about a dead grandmother, a buried treasure and a roman emperor.  (Cameo flash back to him getting swindled by Bakanishi Jinifer. - Rolling on the floor laughing right now.) Tegoshi could be the eccentric wedding planner employed by the banker’s family to use all means necessary to make sure no-one escapes or backs out, and Massu could be working under Tegoshi and has to carry out his plans to keep poor Koyama stuck in his position, but ultimately Massu tries to help him out of his predicament while also trying to save Shige from his own constant moronic actions. There would be lots of Massu’s worried face (oh how I love that) and as much of stupid Shige faces as he can handle to pull. Tegoshi would of course have to be some kind of evil genius when it comes to keeping things on their terrifying track, and Koyama could run around like a blue assed fly trying to appease posh woman and keep Shige out of trouble. This is sounding epic. In the end I think Tegoshi and scary woman should elope together. They should write this f*cking show.

Oh dear lord I’ve not said anything about gachibaka. Well, it is Gokusen with Tegomass. Ok? That is pretty much it.

Wow I totally fell of track with that one didn’t I.


 

good god, massu's face just couldnt get any better really could it? what a sh*t review this was.









~

No comments:

Post a Comment