zenkai girl 全開ガール [series]

another chance to see roro just d*cking about with cakes and kids.


Nishikido Ryo (last friends, orthros no inu, inu o kau to iu, 8uppers need I go on?) was the most adorable I’ve seen him yet, and Aragaki Yui (My boss my hero, code blue, dragon zakura) well, I’m so impressed with Gaki, as is most of the dorama watching public.

The best thing about this series though has to be the kids, where the hell did they get these kids from?! They are amazing! I’m even using exclamation marks. Take notice.



I wanted to watch this because of Roro but ended up loving everyone – with the exception of one character but we won’t rant about that until a little later. Baka Sato Jiro had me in fits, I laugh before he even says anything, I think I could happily watch him ramble on about sh*t for hours. Joy of Joys when I then saw him just days later in not only waraeru koi wa shitakunai but also in rescue, he should actually cameo in everything. Every single program.
I find these reviews hard to do now as I am way out of my comfort zone. I have no internet and I am no longer in my cabin that I know inside out, where I can find my lamp in pitch black and all that. I am sat in my new flat with another two weeks to go before they hook up my phone line for the internet – I am dying without at least dramawiki.

It is lovely here, but I’m totally not used to it yet. At least my drama watching has picked up. Since leaving the cabin I have thrown myself into another bunch of great dramas, but now I am trying to remember the feelings and thoughts conjured up by zenkai girl. It feels like a long time since it finished it but in reality it has only been a short while. So much has kanjanied in between.

So thinking back to zenkai girl, my overriding memory has to be the endless stream of frustrated comments on twitter from myself and various people I know, all crying at the stupidity of these characters. It is bordering on proposal daisakusen frustrating – not quite but almost.

Gaki plays lawyer watanabe, yankumi style jersey wearing hardworking determined woman, visions of being a high flying top ranking name in the law world. Having pull herself up from her poor boot straps and been raised by her backwater, debt ridden, slightly mentally retarded and completely naïve father, she is now fighting to make a name for herself and shed any trace of poverty she once had.



Roro plays a man whom watanabe refers to as the pill bug, a single father working in a tiny cheapo café restaurant-ish place living together happily with his freaking brilliantly adorable son pitaro. Oh how we all love pitaro. Best character in the whole series. Watanabe and the pill bug are bound together by pitaro and his friend at day care school. In her aspirations to work for a certain highly respected female lawyer, watanabe becomes childminder to her small daughter (best friends with pitaro) tangling her up straight away with the pill bug and his life.
The children talk like adults and the adults act like spoilt selfish children. The banter between all of them is great.

The only one we don’t like is soyoko. Man she was so f*cking annoying – downright stalking the pill bug.

I wanted to punch her in the face many many many many times. They could not have made that character any more irritating. Gah, I must resist the urge to just whinge about her. F*ck, she is so annoying though


Watanabe was endearing, but my god did she need to get a clue. She had so little love experience as she had devoted her life to becoming this great lawyer chickie, that she is a total oblivious mess when it comes to dealing with emotions. She tries to ignore the fact that she is completely in love with this poor man, but equally he is such an idiot that he doesn’t really help the situation either. A good smacking of their two heads together repeatedly wouldn’t have gone a miss.

It is a very fun but often sad and heartbreaking series. The kids were too much for me at times and when they cried I just lost the plot. They were too good, and I think I literally broke when pitaro sobbed at one point.
Well, it fulfilled a spot in my life that can only be filled by watching Roro being all fun-dad-like, I could hear hundreds of wombs exploding in the distance every time an episode aired.

I think he wins hands down for who you want to father your kids right? I don’t really need to worry about my womb exploding, as it runs away down the street to go get drunk on sake in some bar until after I’ve finished with papa Roro on tv, comes stumbling back in at 3 in the morning mumbling some incoherent b*llocks about Tegoshilocks, an otter, and a giant cock. I don’t think it wants to be a part of this on masse papa Roro fixation the world seems to have at the moment. It’s waaaaay too dangerous.

So aside from Roro being absolutely sh*ttingly adorable, the kids being fantastic, and Gaki being unquestionably awesome, what more can I be bothered to say?

Actually I think that will do.





**update**
I wrote this a while after zenkai finished but also quite a long time before I finally posted it here – moving house has meant no internet for a couple of months now. At the time of writing this update we’re now into the second week of October and I’ve just found out that Yamapi and Roro have left News. My thoughts are that Roro waited until Yamapi was ready to go as it causes less disruption for them to go both together than have one leave then another, so there is a small blessing in that. And also, that the band haven’t completely disbanded – a huge blessing there too. Yamapi has big projects he wants to sink his teeth into and it has been no secret – on the cards for a long time. For them to both leave together is a bit of a shock but when you think about it, it is less destructive overall for it to happen in one go. Now it is time for Roro to get into the stream of drama offers that are no doubt flooding his way after zenkai, and for the remaining News members to get back on track with how they will now present themselves as a four member group. I do hope people aren’t stupid about this for long, I know they will be but I can hope. Let’s not be idiots about this ok? Lets just support them all in what they do; it is their lives after all. I hope they all succeed in everything they wish to do.

I am sure Yamapi will make me cringe with his solo music and awe inspire me with his acting in the future as he takes on the kind of challenging roles he now has the time to accept. I am sure Roro will continue to do what he does flawlessly, be it romping with Kanjani or making women’s biological clocks practically explode with the films and dramas he stars in.

Now with News containing the four members Kato Shigeaki, Koyama Keiichiro, Masuda Takahisa, and Tegoshi Yuya, I pray people will accept their efforts and support them over, through, around, or at the very least under, their latest obstacle. And for god sake guys, release a single already. It has been an age.

All six of these guys will have my support.


Hey! Pssst! News! Now is totally the time to do that show I was ranting about in my gachibaka post. 








~

No comments:

Post a Comment