Salamander Guru 도롱뇽도사와 그림자 조작단 [series]

Cameos cameos where for art thou cameos? All in this series. All of them.





I couldnt even begin to list all the cameos and skits in this show. 

I'm not going to bother trying but I say that the notable ones for me were from members of BEAST/B2ST, SNSD, and SHINee, G.NA, and well there were so many I forget now. 

The most obvious skit was the Coffee Prince, but the whole thing was pretty much a weird farce, so most of it was based around some bonkers idea from similar shows. 

I watched this purely because I'm having a fan girl flail about SHINee at the moment, and I wanted to check out some of Minho's stuff. 

To my squealy surprise both Taemin and Key make cameos in one episode and Taemin even comes back for the finale. Stupid happy about that. 

I recognised Taemin the instant he was on screen - even in his stupid disguise. It was like playing spot the idol at times.


It started off so weird, I thought it was maybe my painkillers tripping me out at first, but everyone else was also laughing too. I wasnt imagining the huge size of Dalsoo's head either - they mentioned it in the show many times. 

So its basically a case of wanna be robbers turn con men making good through their relations with a guru suffering from dementia and a police woman and her adorable son. 

The odd capers they encounter while involved with these people are tangled up with Min Hyeok (Minho) and his quest to find the man who killed his father when he was a child.

The robbers are useless, and get themselves deeper into trouble the more they try to use a situation to their advantage - but Min Hyeok seems to always be around to help them cover it up with his hacker genius nerd super powers. 

The guru had choked on food and it gave him dementia - yes that seems to be the case - and now just dances around watching SNSD on the TV all the time, and the police woman seems to be oblivious to the scams of the robbers now posing as the salamander guru's disciples. 


I was kind of amazed at how she let her son just go about on his own all the time when he is so young. Is that ok in Korea? Because its way too young if we were to do that here... 

I was wondering if I should do a proper cast list but I dont have the energy. 

Most of the main actors and notable cameos are in the labels at the bottom so I'm just going to leave it at that. 

Go check out drama wiki if you care. 

Im way too tired to make sure I get that right, and the formatting is messing up on here tonight. I dont want to fight with it anymore.

It was an unexpectedly good drama, the cameos made it geniusly funny - Taeyeon was fantastic and I should give a little flail for Taemin and Minho's awful punching grapple scuffle fight thing they had - oh the wobbly Star Trek camera action could not cover up the fact that these boys cant fight for sh*t. 

And Kyusun has such an annoying voice! Speaking of voices, the guru's voice suddenly changes when he has a moment of clarity through his dementia and man is Lee Byungjoon's voice deep!

They must have all had so much fun working on this show and I think you could really feel that. 

Ive got to stop starting new ones and finish all my unfinished shows now, I have so many Ive left hanging. 

But so many I want to watch... 

I cant help myself. 





~


No comments:

Post a Comment