Clone Baby クローンベイビー [series]

Musical chairs epic battle with only one song for your ENTIRE LIFE. Dear god what did I watch?




Cast list: 
Ichikawa Tomohiro - Masamune (Otomen) 
Matsuzaka Tori - Hiro 
Taki Yukari - Marika 
Yamazaki Kento - Jotaro 
Kikuta Daisuke - Gota 
Inaba Yu - Ozu 
Kikuchi Akiko - Higuchi Sensei 
Miki Honoka - Kanako 
Suruga Taro - Wakabayashi 
Sakurada Dori - Tsubaki 
Matsushige Yutaka - Aoyagi 


This is one of the stupidest things I've ever watched - let me just get that out of the way first. 

Literally in my top 10 most time wasting awful late night budget dramas. Not on my top ten most enjoyable awful late night budget dramas, but more like a car crash that you cant turn away from. 

 The furrows of worry met with that bloody theme song every 5 minutes (less than generous approximation) started to drive me crazy in the first episode. Maybe in the first 15 mins

But after a few episodes in I somehow forgot how abnormal the scenarios were and ventured out into the real world expecting to hear that f*cking song on my way to the coffee shop and be confronted by my clone and have a brawl in the middle of the street. 

This show is enough to give you musical chairs psychosis of the worst kind. Spending all that time hearing the same speech about this supposed seat you are allocated when born - it starts to sound like a brainwashing CD. Or torture. Or both. Or why the hell did I watch this bloody stupid thing? 

I have no idea what compels me to watch these shows, somewhere in them I must find something satisfying I guess

Some people watch that train wreck of an experience called day time talk shows, I for some reason watch pieces of sh*t like Clone Baby. You know, I even chose it because the title made me think it might be awful. Why do I do this to myself. 

The premise gets a little twisted up and confusing but I wouldnt want to spoil anything from this stupid ass piece of amazing crap so I have no idea what to include about the story line. 

My memory is so hazy because it was a fair few months ago now when I watched it and possibly attempted to wipe it from my memory as soon as I was done with it. 

The intro explains some ambiguous crap about there being only one chair for each of us in the world. We find out though a series of suspend all logical reasoning type events that clones fight over the same chair - by chair they mean life, and by life they mean why the hell am I still watching this nonsensical bullsh*t drama? 




There is this main character guy called Masamune, ^  he is all twisted up in obsession with Marika, best friends forever style betrothedy kinds of umbrella love. Clones start turning up left, right, front and center chasing Masamune like he is Kamen Rider and he goes a bit psycho internal beast awakening mode - and also has a little boy love moment or two with the guys he fights with over this god damn chair, and I start thinking someone should buy these guys a f*cking sofa already. 

One guy, Hiro, starts stirring things up as much as he can, coming on to Marika in a big way and trying to awaken the crazy cloney beastly beast in Masamune. 

There are some more people involved who are not clones, but mainly everyone seems to turn out to be one too. 

Some of them die, there is some kind of incestuous clone issues but not really but kind of, a bit of genius computer hacking thrown in for good measure of course, and some dastardly bastarding genius doctors who did some bad stuff back in the day and, well, you can imagine it all builds to a big end game style who can be the biggest bastard battle while Masamune is running in and out of everyone looking clueless, utterly gormless, and frowning so much I thought his eyebrows might actually get entangled with his eyelashes


Marika was really annoying, Masamune just needed a damn good punching, Hiro was kind of like a brooding humourless version of Yamapi who had fallen through Hanzawa Rui from Hana Yori Dango's wardrobe, and stumbled out into a Sci Fi channel show half way through just before it got cancelled and stole the remaining script... this image is becoming too complicated, I'm going to stop there. 




I remember I quite like Gota, not sure why now, cant really remember who he was or what happened, yeah the drama really stays with you... 

The science is absolutely ridiculous - you cant have any logical thinking in your mind when you watch it. Clones that look nothing alike, fighting to the death for a place in the world, magnetically drawn to each other without fail, and so many other things I cant even remember now - but I know I spent most of my time not even shouting in frustration but just laughing at how stupid it was. Which is kind of better I think. I didnt expect any sense. And I received none. 

I had no idea what was going on back then and I remember even less now. It was worth watching in a way because, ...well I cant think of a reason but I watched it anyway because that's what I do

I think if you can stand that bloody theme tune over and over again for so long without going crazy then you are stronger than me. Its not a bad tune but it was so dramatic when twinned with that terrible acting... I cant explain. 

I think they spent all the budget getting the rights to use that song and couldnt afford anything else. I think they only had two songs on the whole soundtrack and although I kind of liked it in way, I think that is due to the brainwashing. Watch this with caution! 

I wouldnt watch it again, and Ive probably got post traumatic stress syndrome from it now but it certainly made me think long and hard about my chair and that it is worth fighting for against all odds. 

No it really didnt. 

I suck at musical chairs, I wouldve died in the first 10 minutes of the show. 

Someone buy these boys a god damn sofa.



~



No comments:

Post a Comment