Soumatou Kabushiki Gaisha 走馬灯株式会社 [series]

Gorgeous Kashii Yu just giving it all the Keigo in an ugly dress. 




Being monumentally bored at work certainly has given me a chance to post some things recently hasnt it? This last month I've just gone mad on here reviewing everything I can in my vegetative state at my office desk. 

I'm not complaining, at least I can use my time for this a little bit rather than pacing up and down the aisle at the shop like I used to. But I feel like I'm shirking and I don't like that much. 

The time goes way to slow for a start, and I really dont think doing my reviews at work is appropriate, but no-one will give me anything else to do so here I am again writing a review half joyed on painkillers and half asleep from boredom

My neck still hurts and its uncomfortable to sit here and type but its basically all I do at work - sit and type, so why not just carry on. 

I'm having to take half of 1 tablet while I'm at work rather than 2 whole pills like I'm supposed to, because as anyone can see from my Bitter Blood review last week I cant function on these painkillers

I melted my hair off with a nice chemical cut from hair straightening lotion because I was so spannered and out of it lately I forgot half of my hair was freshly bleached and I just covered it in the stuff, promptly breaking all my hair off in massive clumps in my hands. 

Dont operate heavy machinery? Dont operate hair styling products also! Still, my hair is definitely f*cking straight now though. What's left of it. And purple. Which is great.

These pills have such a weird effect on me - they make my voice go weird! I've never heard of that before

So, yeah thats a little bit off the point really, I will get on to this review now. Just thought you might like to know how retarded my recent doings have been. Never a dull moment

So now my short singed haired self will tell you about this drama Soumatou (revolving lantern). 

The lantern is used as a symbolic image in the drama as it is in real life for that concept of your whole life's images flashing before your eyes before you die. 

This drama is another budget late night jobby, with short episodes and a weird story line that doesnt make much sense unless you suspend belief in standard ideas of physics and all that - and of course they are my favourite shows to review. 

Kashii Yu (Yukan club, My boss my hero) is gorgeous as always, and speaks nothing but super polite keigo all the way through in her quiet mild sweet soft voice, then gives a little evil look to the camera... yeah she's super cool. I want her to be my grim reaper

Her character works for the Soumatou company which holds the recorded video of your entire life ready for you to watch with drinks and a comfy sofa. 

This company pops up everywhere in different forms, hiding in other building or behind a door that wasnt expected to be there. 

Someone would stumble on the place and be ushered in by this Keigo hostess in a terrible dress, and fall pray to the secrets revealed in the videos of their own lives. 

Some people found out truths about themselves and family, some people misread what they saw and assumed the worst, but which ever path they took it usually resulted in murder or suicide or some sort of nasty and unfortunate ending that makes our girl smirk her way out of the room

The stories are all pretty melodramatic, like finding out your mother actually isnt - she killed your mum and stole baby you and passed you off as her own, then killed your girlfriend and acted like she had never existed... then you do nothing about it and accept it... ok... whatever is going on there I dont get it but whatever... moving on... 


Another episode has the entire town out to kill someone just because an old mental psychic crazy person told the town they would die and they OF COURSE believed that and went on a major children of the corn mission to sacrifice the.. seriously what the actual f*ck... ok... 

Ah of course the episode where the family look as if they are all plotting to kill the husband because they say such bloody mean things to him, and that totally backfires in the worst way ever - to be fair they treated him like sh*t - they deserved his tragic misunderstanding. Stupid idiots. 

Well this has been a lovely rant that didnt make much sense. I hope I gave you a nice idea of how this show works anyway. Generally it seems like man has a tough time in life, finds Soumatou and goes in to have a look, watches his life videos, finds out some secret that ruins his life, goes and acts on it, comes back and kills him self. Or someone else. 

Joy. What Joys. What an joyfull drama. 

No comic relief, no inappropriate boy love fuwa fuwa for no reason, no bad purple eye shadow bruises and fights in deserted factories, but all the low budget script writing you could ask for 

...if you were a maybe at that age where your clothes are all black and you like watching serial killer documentaries and feel that they were justified for slaughtering everyone. We all had that phase - dont deny it.

Well now I am at home editing this without my electric fan because I left it at work - tonight's sleep will be comfortable (>_<)#! I am trying to do this one handed because all I have is Satako san's Pikachu uchiwa to fan myself with. Oh another joy.

If you want a cast list go to drama wiki, I cannot be bothered. I put some relevant people in the tag list at the bottom of the post anyway.

Im so damn hot right now, I feel like this laptop is actually the sun and its burning holes through my legs. 

I know this review has been half arsed and non explanatory, and seriously I dont care because its a pretty lame drama that I wasnt too bothered with. I fell asleep through a few episodes and cant really even remember how it ended. So, joys. Everything is worth watching though. Unless Nino. To which I just say NO. Clue is in the name. Not going there.

So yeah, this drama, go watch it, or not, Im not fussed, its, you know, whatever. Im too hot, go away now.






~


No comments:

Post a Comment