ROMES Airport Security System 空港防御システム [SERIES]

Serious Secret Window hair. 





As with my last post I am taking a break from reviewing things I will surely rant about to do some more gentle reviews about dramas I genuinely just loved for reals - more than budget crapness pretend o clock in the morning stupids for the sake of their stupidness

Granted my favourite character in this drama is Okura's hair - which should have its own name in the cast list by rights, 

but because of his performance and the interesting story line this became more than just Secret Window psychopath hair obsession time. It became a drama I actually enjoyed. But please, as a side note, can we see Okura playing a psychopath with a spilt personality sometime? That'd be great... 

Yes I was taken in by the fluffy hair pretty much all the time, and the moody personality was funny and mean not just angsty - so the character was warm in his own way, 

but also there is a nice polar opposing character to balance it out in the form of a little puppy Yasu. Being Yastastic as usual, He and Okura made a great team and the carried the drama high up on their shoulders, making it greater than it would have been without them


Cast List: 

Okura Tadayoshi - Narushima Yuya 
Yasuda Shota - Sunamura Taku 
Kuninaka Ryoko - Yasaka Aoi 
Watanabe Hiroyuki - Kurobe Takehiko 
Sugiura Taiyo - Egawa Hiroshi 
Kawamura Yukie - Kimura Mayuko 
Ikeda Tetsuhiro - Kajiya Kosaburo 
Kusakari Masao - Kanno Tadanao 





We follow the story of the troubles surrounding ROMES which is Tokyo Bay International Airport's security system. 

On the one year anniversary of the installment of this leading system it is threatened by an international group of thieves called Silverfox

This situation demands the return of our protagonist Narushima Yuya, who is a fluffy haired grumpy sleepy and maybe a few other dwarfs, super genius, who understands the system better than anyone else. 

A team monitors the system, but Narushima doesn't really want to work along side them - he has his own agenda anyway and hides himself away sleeping all hours in the back room until he is needed. 


Sunamura becomes Narushima's new puppy, even though he already has a dog to dote on. It seems he cant resist the dopey eyes of his assistant - there's another dwarf for you. 

A somewhat unlikely friendship forms between them, manifesting a little bit more like an owner / pet relationship than maybe it should, 

The cuteness of their friendship is one of the highlights to this drama. In fact, after traitors are suspected in the team later in the drama, Sunamura becomes the only person he knows he can really trust. And so promptly locks him up in a room for days. What can I say... the man's mind works in weird ways. 


The twists in the tale throughout build to a climatic traumatic traitor revelation, I wont spoil the reveal don't worry, but there are so many people who are not what they seem to be - and you know that from the outset - you don't really look for the bad guys, you just wait because you know they are coming. 

And actually I think calling the reveals 'twists' doesnt work for this drama, it doesnt really turn on its head so much as just deal you up a few more bloody stupid idiots who had unnecessary ideas, and some sad cases of revenge and desperation that you thought might be in there somewhere. 

Conventional political terrorists these are not. Emotionally driven people with issues in their pasts they definitely are. 

Its not so serious the entire way through. The main character's lovely weirdness with each other keep it light most of the time. I think the system is not so far fetched too, so you don't have to push yourself to suspend all reasonable belief in logic in order to enjoy or even understand like some shows I wont mention now and get into a rant over... 

I'm trying to restrain myself a little for a while - Ive ranted too much in my reviews lately. Im thinking to save it up for a big one :p 

As usual, its been ages since I've seen the show I'm reviewing, I watched a few years ago now, but there isn't so much to tell anyway. 

There is a cute kid, a cute dog, a cute Yasu, and occasionally some planes flying around and sh*t

I think that is basically how Narushima sees the world around him. Things that are cute, and things that are unnecessary to be around. 

So basically the only things he likes are the dog and his Yasu puppy Sunamura. 

He loves to wind him up, tease him and basically just abuse him at every corner. 

Sunamura also seems to come back wagging his tail each time so its a bit like watching Ceaser Milan and a happy Golden Retriever make friends. 

One thing I noticed since getting the screen shots is how darkly lit this drama is. All the sets are so dark that its a wonder none of them got permanent eye strain from looking at computer screens in those dark gloomy ass rooms. Its all mood camera angles and dramatic music and Yasu's worried face.

I don't want to ramble on too much so maybe I should leave it here. Hopefully my screen shots are enough to show the general feel of the drama. 


I really don't like taking screen shots from streaming videos online, I cant skip and pause the way I can when I have it on my hard drive, but after these few years later I still haven't got my hard drive fixed... 


Yeah I know, its really dumb, but I think it will cost me a lot so I guess in the end I will buy a new one and start filling it up again before I move to Japan next year. 


Language learning wise I think it helps just to watch anything and everything I possibly can so I'm going back to my watching at least one episode of something every day over the summer. 

If I cant motivate my studies at least I can do that. Maybe there will be a sh*t load more terrible reviews on here due to that then... 

Anything and everything really could find me watching more Garo and Fuma no Kojiro style programs than is mentally possible to endure... But we'll see how that goes.


For the time being I'm too sick to do much so I'm just going to leave you with this short review of gloomy ambiguous screen shots of the impossible lighting in ROMES and hope you watch it if for nothing else but that fluffy hair.




~

No comments:

Post a Comment