Yamada-kun and the 7 witches 山田くんと7人の魔女 [series]

Boy on witch on girl on boy action...




Ok before you run away from my tagline, lets do a cast list:

Yamamoto Yusuke - Yamada Ryu
Nishiuchi Mariya - Shiraishi Urara
Triendl Reina - Ito Miyabi
Ide Takuya - Miyamura Toranosuke
Tokuyama Hidenori - Yamazaki Haruma
Ono Ito - Odagiri Nene
Kobayashi Ryoko - Asuka Mikoto
Miyama Karen - Otsuka Karen
Kojima Fujiko - Sarushima Maria
Matsui Airi - Takigawa Noa

What a great cast right? For a cheap drama you cant ask for much more than this awesome list. It got my attention when I saw it and was the key factor in my decision to watch. I'm sure it was the same for many other people.


So hopefully that cast list helps you not run a mile...but the rest of the review might. 

Stick with me here, its another stupid cheap almost yaoi stupid school drama, but its so funny and pointless, I think its worth watching.


This is how I described it to my friend:

Yamamoto Yusuke of Ouran high school host club, and Nishiuchi Mariya of Switch girl, and a whole bunch of others at school with witchy powers that they can use or swap by ...kissing each other. 

And they all do... 

All the time. 

All the boys with the boys, girls with the girls, and of course Yamamoto and Nishiuchi... Constantly.

Oh yeah and they swap bodies...

And kiss each other while in each other's bodies.

I watched because I love both the main actors, but after maybe episode 2 I was starting to wonder what the hell I had stumbled on

They have no shame, I wonder if the original manga was really super rude because it feels like maybe it was originally full of yaoi side stories or something, because it feels like they are bubbling under the surface in the drama. 

But I don't have the time in my life to read manga when I barely have time to watch the dramas as it is. My reading level is way to low and it would probably take me an age to get through one book even with dictionaries and Japanese friends in my arsenal. But anyway I heard its the same writer as Yankii kun to Megane chan so it probably was just that weird.




Anyway, tangenting. So yeah I was thinking, this was made 2013, does anyone really think Tokuyama Hidenori looks like a school boy anymore? Come on. I mean, I dont care, I'm happy to see him in anything but... come on. With that voice that sounds like he has been smoking and drinking for at least 10 years... and that look in his eyes that screams yaoi king since 2007...


Kobayashi Ryoko is so gorgeous as always. I would love to see this cast together in a serious drama too, I think we could see some genius. With all that great hair.

Just look at that gorgeous face in the picture below. She is so beautiful. 

I think she and Tokuyama would make fabulous babies ^^ Please make that happen. Ive seen Clone Babies and Bunshin I know they gots the tech to do this sh*t. :p

As if you need a plot for this stupid premise, but whatever, the story is following these two idiots, one a super book smart witch and one a yankii loner with the ability to copy a witch's power

They both love each other, but cant admit it, so take the opportunity to kiss each other when and wherever possible when they find out they can swap bodies that way... because they need to do that... for... reasons... of course.


Other witches start to be unearthed and they search for a way through the madness that is their school life, trying to seek out the remaining witches and discover their powers, mainly out of boredom, and all end up tangled in a mess of power struggles an stupidity. It is such a stupid drama. Really stupid. Just so ridiculous. But fun, and watchable. 



Its just Yamamoto's style, this is one of his dramas through and through. I wouldn't be surprised if he never stops making these. Doing his Joey from Friends acting until he dies purely out of the fun of it. 

I'm keeping this short as my laptop is so hot I think its going to explode any second. Go watch this stupid drama if you want to see some endless high school students who are way too old to really be high school students constantly kissing each other. Joys.




~


No comments:

Post a Comment