Sexy Voice and Robo セクシーボイスアンドロボ [series]

Itadakimax!



I love about 8 or 9 episodes of this show, about 3 quarters of the way through it gets really serious and depressing and really out of character, but the first half is great. 

I don't know if I've said on here before, and I might get some serious hate for this but I don't really like Matsuyama Kenichi that much. 

I didn't really like him in Gantz, Norwegian Wood, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac and I really will get some hate for saying Death Note but I thought his L was the best out of a bad bunch. 

I tried to watch Zeni Geba but I just couldn't get into his character even though it sounded so interesting... So I never really liked him much, I'm sorry. 

But I realised as soon as he stepped on screen in this show that I had only seen one side of him, and I just hadn't gelled with that. The comic side however... I love. 

You know how there are some people you just love as a certain type of character, but not as another? Well I wish he could be Max Robo otaku nutter forever. I was singing his songs, saying his phrases... I still say Itadakimax when I eat sometimes if I dont say Hotaru's Itadakimambo. Its been firmly added to my list of stupid things I say that came from dramas.

Robo was the best. Until it all went serious like I said just now. What was that?? It got so boring even at one point. 

I was not happy with the last, maybe, 4 episodes I'm not sure when it all went weird... really I loved Robo so much before then. 

I wasn't so enamored with Niko as she just whinged all the time but I think that was inevitable as Robo was the comical side to the duo, but when he was serious as well... there was nothing left. 


I liked Okada Yoshinori as always, (Nobuta, Waraeru Koi wa Shitakunai, hana kimi, Ghost Friends, Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro, Kamikaze Girls, shabake, 1 Pound no Fukuin) his list of stuff Ive seen goes on and on

So for a bit of a plot outline I would say that its not a spy team as the description usually goes, its a reluctant pair of idiots with no money forced to work for another pair of idiots who have too much money. 

A middle schooler and an otaku come to haphazardly work for a lady with way too much make up on, solving mysteries and sometimes crimes that they become somehow involved in through the course of each episode. 

The girl has the power to mimic people's voices very unbelievably and Robo is ... well, just Robo. 

With money being held over their pauper heads they take on these cases and figure stuff out usually just in the nick of time. Or sometimes not. Someone got blown up remember? 

Well, anyway. Its pretty stupid but I would rather have stopped watching before it got all deep and meaningful and just played with Max Robo otaku freak some more. Oh and I hated his mum. So much. With rage. 

Thats all I have to say, pretty much, I think. MAX DASH!!! 

Oh lets do a quick cast list: 

Matsuyama Kenichi - Robo 
Ohgo Suzuka - Niko 
Murakawa Eri - Hayashi Kazumi 
Okada Yoshinori - Nanashi Hideyoshi 
Asaoka Ruriko - Makyona Maki 
Tsukamoto Shinya - Hayashi Takeo 
Katagiri Hairi - Hayashi Yukie
Murakami Jun - Goto
Nakamura Shino - Mikkabozu

Also briefly featuring Ryo, Naka Riisa, Kashii yu, Sasai Eisuke, Takahashi Issei, the wonky jaw woman samurai pastry chef love interest Tomosaka Rie and the gorgeous Kobayashi Satomi. She did ultimately destroy this drama, her character anyway, but I still think she is stunning.

I have a feeling that it isn't a patch on the manga. I think they should have made Niko way more animated and lively, I don't think she was enough to hold the drama together when Robo wasn't around.

She could have still been whiny and frustrated but just more expressively so. 

Maybe the actress was bad, maybe the writing just wasn't fun enough, I don't know. 

It was weird anyway. Sometimes in a great way, mostly in just a weird way. 

I guess it was never going to be a classy drama but I think it should have been a bit more of something else instead to make up for its lack of style. 

I think it should have been a bit more silly and fun really. Less existential crisis nightmare and more clumsy otaku fails.


~

No comments:

Post a Comment