Sorry, I love you 미안하다, 사랑한다 [series]

I cried into the pillow as the end credits rolled.




So I'm never watching anything Mikey ever recommends ever again if I want to be sane, thats my new rule. This was another Sunao ni narenakute, endless tragic circumstance, one after another after another

Dont expect a happy ending, expect a full on Romeo and Juliet never leave the house again just stay rocking in the corner so you never love or lose anyone ever soul destroying heartbreaking bastard of a drama.

 These are my thoughts having just finished it and sobbed into my pillow as the credits were showing flash backs of everything that lead up to this mess

Having suffered the biggest loss of my life this year I find it pretty hard now to watch these kinds of things, hence the steady flow of sh*t late night Japanese dramas which dont have believable story lines. 

And judging by how I now feel I dont think I will be watching anything like this again any time soon. 

My heart still feels utterly torn apart from my own loss and this kind of drama is just too much for me, I had to force myself to not get too emotionally involved with this but everyone is so heart broken and lost; watching a mother desperately crying for her dying child and a friend becoming unstable because both the people she loves are dying and pulling her apart... its really just too much.

Putting aside the intense burning feeling I have in my heart now *swallows more painkillers* there is a review to be written. 

I have to get up for work in less than 6 hours so maybe this will be a short one depending on how fast my meds put me to sleep. This is exactly why you should not be on strong painkillers while grieving. 

Cast list:

So JiSub - MooHyuk
Im SooJung - EunChae
Jung KyungHo - Yoon
Seo JiYoung - MinJoo
Choi YeoJin - JiYoung
Lee HyeYoung - DeulHee 
Jun HyeJin - SeoKyung
Lee YoungHa - DaeChun 
Kim HyeOk - HyeSook 
Shin Goo - Hyun Suk
Ok JiYoung  - SookChae 
Jung HwaYoung - MinChae 
Park GunTae -  Galchi

I hate the romanisation of Hangul so f*ck off if the names are wrong I've really stopped trying with that now. Such a stupid system. Yeah lets have 3 different ways of spelling something in romaji that has one spelling in Hangul. F*cking idiots. Is it KalJi or Galchi? Is it Im SooJung or Lim SooJung. I dont f*cking know because they use both! I'm fed up with trying to work it out. 

So however you spell it, So JiSub and Im SooJung were the reason this drama came into my life, for better or worse. 

Actors from some of my all time favourite movies Always, Tale Of Two Sisters, Im A Cyborg But Its OK, and I could list more but I wont... 

Mikey saw that these two were in a drama together. 

And then forced me to watch it. 


Aside from the dying which I am now doing, it was very sweet and full of enjoyable moments. 

But like Sunao it was utterly relentless in its quest to crush all your hopes and dreams of happiness forever. Unlike Sunao however, it doesnt stop at those major hitches and work out alright in the end, it smacks you in the face repeatedly with a big ass book called why the hell are you doing this to your self??

EunChae follows Yoon around like a puppy for 20 years. On their trip to Australia she becomes tangled up in the life of MooHyuk who just happens to be the long lost discarded son of Yoon's mother. 


Its so hard to explain anything much without spoilers so maybe this will be a short review after all. Thinking about it, there are so many twists and turns (most of which I didnt see coming at all but some I absolutely knew right from the word go) that it is hard to remember how it all began. 

MooHyuk goes on a revenge mission when he finds out that the mother he searched for is plying her other son with all the love in the world - to the point of desperate adoration...like something had screwed up her so much she focused all her attention on him...  

Their relationship is too close to just be the usual, but MooHyuk couldnt possibly notice this; from the outside it just looks as if she had never cared about anyone but Yoon.

MooHyuk finds his mentally retarded sister and her son living in a shack of a house selling food on the street. His rage at this throws him into full swing attacking his mother where it would hurt her most - her beloved adored son Yoon. 

Yoon is so annoyingly selfish and whiny, like a spoiled sheltered child fussing over his ideals of love and relationships. EunChae is really strong but walked on by everyone she loves.

The person I loved the most was Yoon's mother. I hated her so much at first, but the more the madness of her own pitiful past crept in the more I sympathised, the less over-dramatic her falling apart felt, and the more I felt her pain.

I loved MooHyuk's sister and Galchi, her son, so much. I desperately wanted them to all be a family. The first point where my heart burst was when the mother kept going to see SeoKyung and Galchi, saying she couldnt understand why but felt so much love for them and wanted to be with them. Feeling somehow like she was looking at her own child when looking in SeoKyung's eyes... the whole thing was moving and gut wrenching.

Early on in the drama, I should mention, MooHyuk gets shot in the head. He lives with a bullet lodged in his brain, slowly killing him. With no chance to operate on his injury, feeling like there was nothing to hold him back, he begins to tear to shreds the family he should have been a part of. 

Its hard to explain much without super spoiling every twist of the plot, Im finding myself not able to describe any more than this. 

Although, the very first thing I want to do is blurt out the reason MooHyuk was abandoned by his mother. I wished they'd been honest and said it right off the bat too, but the bastards kept it quiet for so long that all the misunderstandings lead to everybody just f*cking dying.

Well not exactly everyone but it did feel like it. 

It was beautiful and funny and sweet, not just please lets never do this again *ahem last friends ahem*. And as expected So JiSub was flawless. Just all the acting in the eyes... he can say so much with a few blinks and flickering lip movements that Im amazed again by his greatness. 

His hair was a little bit weird though... it has to be said.


Im SooJung was as stunning as ever. Her makeup-less eyes all massive and watery, and her amazing cute clothes, just bouncing up and down shouting about whatever she thought was going on - which usually wasnt what was going on at all. She is another one to act with her eyes, sometimes the two of them sat in silences just eye-murmuring at each other and we all knew what was being said. I guess deaf people dont lose out much watching this

Although they miss the constant cry of Yooonaahh..! Every few seconds.


The theme tune was a Korean cover of Yuki no Hana, which is a beautiful song, covered by a few different people for the sound track. Its another Last Friends' theme Prisoner of Love style, over and over again, every time you hear that little plinky beginning you just cry even before you see anything bad start to happen.


Hopefully I wont hear this out at any restaurants and start bawling like I did with Prisoner of Love.

I think Im going to leave this one here as I have to get up in 6 hours now. My eyes are sore from the sobs. Damn it. Where are my terrible sh*t drama joys? I must find something unbelievably awful to make up for this. I'll be sleeping with Golden Knight Garo on all night then I guess. 





~

No comments:

Post a Comment