waraeru koi wa shitakunai 笑える恋はしたくない [series]

Father ChristMassu, I’ve been a good girl this year and I’ve got a list for you. It only has your name on it though.
 


MUST refrain form ranting about Massu in this post as you really don’t want to hear it – I swear I could go on for days with no pausing. I will try my best but I’m making no promises. I have a folder of pictures just entitled *Massu’s worried face* because it is actually the best thing ever – and how much do I sound like a weirdo right now?

This is a mini series of three episodes following four main characters and a fair few others as well. My favourite character is actually the store boss played by Sasaki Kuranosuke (zettai kareshi) so funny. I can’t describe him, he is just brilliant.



I turned to this mini series as my growing Tegomass addiction was becoming too much to bear without dipping in to Gachibaka yet again, but I found it to offer much more loveliness than just Massu’s phenomenal face. Unlike Rescue - his phenomenal face is the only keeping me going with that. That and Nakamaru’s epic expressions and over acting. How I love those two striving to become the super-special-eito-power-rangers. Genius.

Anyway, back to waraeru koi.

The title means don’t want a laughable love, which is adorable in itself. It is set at Christmassu time and just to make me fall over and die of cuteness Massu’s character’s name (hence the christmassu thing) is santa. Good lord. How do I deal with that?

Everyone in this was great and I kind of wish it had been a longer series but there was no need for it. The three episodes were enough to cover the short time frame in which all the characters meet and have their loves entangled in each other’s lives.

Our main character is Suzune (Yamasaki Shizuyo) who is lovely. She works as a lift girl but as she is rather monstrously tall with a deep voice and does not have a standard pretty face, she finds it hard to seek out her true love.

She falls in love easily but honestly, and is quiet fearlessly upfront about her feelings. She has an adorable personality and even though it is a running joke in the program that she is scary looking, she does have a very warm smile and it is obvious from one glance that she is a loving person.

Then we have Tonaka Ippei  (Koumoto Junichi) who is an acquaintance whom she makes a bet with in a bar one night to see who will have a partner by Christmassu.

He runs a cake stall in a Shopping mall that is in danger of closing because of *dunda da duuuuh! Enter stage right* Uozumi the mall manager.

He is truly great. He skips when he walks, especially when he is happy to have been really really mean to someone, and I love him I love him I love him. *to be sung to in Kristen Chenoweth latte boy stylee* (youtube it)

This brings us to Ryouhei (Matsuo Toshinobu) who is the mall manager’s trainee. He is basically training him to be mean. That is pretty much all he is trying to do. This guy is Suzune’s first crush of the program. She says if she has 99 loves then she will get mr 100, so she confesses without a thought as she always does and scares him half to death.



Also failing in his quest to have a partner by Christmassu, Tonaka Ippei is in love with a sweet young girl called Rika (Natsukawa Jun) who also works in the mall and is all kinds of out of his league.
 

We also meet Shirai Yukiko (Sakai Wakana) who appears to be a bossy strict career woman working at a TV station. She gets demoted for getting on everyone’s nerves and while frazzled at her new position she bumps into a delivery boy and snaps at him.

Yup, this one is santa. Santa the delivery boy. Seriously it is as cute as it sounds. Massu rocks that red uniform. Santa has four overbearing older sisters who won’t leave him alone for more than five minutes before ordering him around like a – well, like a younger brother. When he meets Yukiko he swears he would never be able to fall for someone like her but then later he finds her drunk in a bar (the same one the christmassu love-bet pair frequent) and is horrified to find her in his bed in the morning.

That is basically the beginnings of their stories and we watch them interlink and grow into a, probably quite predictable but, sweet and emotionally provoking tale of those searching for love and those finding love by accident.

…And those who get love for christmassu wrapped up in a box with a bow and stuff.

It is not a bad christmassu present, love. I may put it on my list this year.(Or even have a list in the frst place.) But you don’t generally get it just by asking for it. The more you look sometimes the further away from you it feels.

This mini series has that melancholic feel of christmassu and it is kind of sad, but it is very sweet and really funny, and of course includes an ever-needed cameo by baka sato jiro.



What a struggle it is not to just get constant screen shots of Massu for this post. I did try to restrain myself and get all the characters. So now that they are out of the way i guess I can just flood this post with Massu's worried face. right? Or would that be weird? I'm gonna do it anyway.




 




ok i might have gotten a little carried away. never mind ay.

No comments:

Post a Comment