baby & me 아기와 나 [movie]

cutest – baby – ever.


this is an odd cookie. I thought It would be better than the sh*tty review I read of it so I gave it a chance. I like this film. it is cute and funny and it surprised me.

jang geunsuk (you’re beautiful) plays joonsoo, a rebellious rich kid who fights and doesn’t go to school when he doesn’t feel like it. getting expelled looms ever closer on the cards so his parents decide to bugger off and leave him to fend for himself.


just at that time he is landed with a baby with a note attached explaining that he is a young father and must look after his son as the mother can no longer cope.

weirdo girl byeol kim, played by kim byul (fly high), who had taken a liking to joonsoo, helps him out where she can. being one of nine siblings she has enough knowledge of babies to help joonsoo in his most infant-ignorant moments. though, when she is not around he tends to really get into trouble. my favourite idiot moment has to be him trying to put the baby in his school locker. genius.


this kid, han wooram (played by mason mun and voiced by park myeongsu) is the cutest baby, but it takes joonsoo a good few disasters and a fair few attempts at abandoning him to start to feel an attachment to his little bundle of hardwork.


it sounds like a pretty boring premise for a film when it is explained like this but it is quirky and interesting, geunsuk is very funny and boy can he cry on cue. kim byul is just adoooorable. in a big way. she kind of reminds me of lim soojung in im a cyborg, she has that bonkers away with the fairies stare, as if you could really hear the cogs whirring in her head when she thinks. and she has chicken pajamas. I want chicken pajamas. **as my mum pointed out this morning i spelt pajamas the japanese way not the english way. im not changing it though**  ...


im not really sure why we can hear the baby’s thoughts, and why the voice is not a baby’s voice... im not really sure what the point of it was but still, that baby is so damn cute - SO damn cute, that it did work having narrated thoughts to accompany those phenomenal facial expressions.


you know what, I think geunsuk is a funny guy, and easy to watch. there are some people say who he’s just a pretty boy but im really not of the opinion that he gets cast due to that, I think there is a substantial reason he’s so well liked.

im going to check out the movie fly high that kim byul was in with kim bum now as I just want to see her in something else.


and I seriously want those chicken pajamas.

preferably with her in them.
















~

No comments:

Post a Comment