heartstrings / you've fallen for me 넌 내게 반했어 [series]

Im not arrogant, i just really am that great.



cast:
the stupid: singer/guitarist – Jung YongHwa (cn blue, you’re beautiful)
the stupid: drummer - Kang MinHyuk (cn blue, its ok daddy’s girl)
the stupid: guitarist – Oh WonBin (ex FT Island, muscle girl)
the stupid: bassist - Song SeHyun
KyuWon - Park ShinHye (you’re beautiful, goong)


Im SeMi as Cha BoWoon – kyuwon’s friend
WooRi as Han HeeJoo – (stuck up actress that the drummer loves)
Lee HyunJin - KiJoung (guy with stage fright who comes back to college)
Lee JungHun as Im Tae Joon (the jealous department head teacher)
So YiHyun. - Jung YoonSoo (the dance teacher)


So having watched you’re beautiful and having loved it sincerely, I was very exited to hear Park ShinHye and Jung YongHwa would be pairing up again for another drama called heartstings, (the Korean title is you’ve fallen for me - and it was called festival before that) probably eagerly awaited by all cn blue fans alike (especially as YongHwa is joined by his bandmate Kang MinHyuk). To my absolute sudden joy, who should appear in front of my eyes but Oh WonBin. Ureshii squee. (I continued to ureshii squee every time he came on screen – it was rather impressively relentless of me)

Basically from the outset it was going to be fantastic, it is full of people who really deliver warmth and emotion well and who give a lot of personality to their characters.

I really like director Kim SukHyun played by Song ChangUi and Jung YoonSoo played by So YiHyun. The supporting cast, especially KyuWon’s grandfather are all really likable, I could gush on and on I guess but I wont for now. Let’s just get on with the plot synop.

We realise KyuWon [Park ShinHye] is a bit of a clumsy girl from the get go, we meet both her and LeeShin [YongHwa] at the start before they know each other (both looking unbelievably beautiful I might add. That girl is stunning in this drama) and then we follow them as they meet and become ‘friends’. Of course, they kinda hate each other at first so there we go, but it doesn’t take long for her to fall for him. He is such a pr*ck for ages – it is truly great.




So basically, LeeShin is in love with the dance teacher YoonSoo, director Kim SukHyun who used to be in a relationship with her comes back from Broadway to direct the musical in the university, they obviously still have something between them.


LeeShin is in a well loved rock band called the stupid and through various situations that occur he is thrust together with KyuWon to work on the music for the musical. (By this point she had lost a bet and been his slave for an age, and the drummer of the stupid had fallen head over heals in love with little miss lead eating disorder actress Han Hee joo [WooRi] and all manner of other stupidness that I cant even remember has happened).


LeeShin is a d*ck to almost everyone all the time, KyuWon is adorable and manages to win most people over after some hard work, MinHyuk is hysterically cute as the bonkers off the planet away with the fairies oblivious bounding puppy JoonHee who follows jumped-up arrogant little b*tch-face Han HeeJoo around like she is made of daisies. My favourite line in reference to him: don’t take him seriously or you’ll get really annoyed. (^_^)


It is a very funny and sweet series with lots of great music and heart warming moments. I hate watching stuff that is airing. I have to wait for episodes – it makes me irritable that I can’t watch the next one when I want to.

I will point out in case anyone wonders, there are 16 episodes but one of them is a flash back filler because Park ShinHye had an accident and had to go into hospital for a little bit. So it is 15 full episodes to the series.


I raced through the first 9 episodes to catch up with what had already aired then wished I had waited to watch them all once they were out – as it was not what I had the patience for. I love love loved this series. I hate that they have to end it.

Yes, the two main characters have that banter you get in most dramas – the whole love hate thing, but also they have such a sweet loving bond – especially when he gets over himself for five minutes and acts all protective over her.


She does fall over a lot so there are plenty of opportunities for him to see her as the damsel who needs saving from stuff. Hard things, like the floor.
And her scattered brain. And his own sharp tongue.
And the floor a few more times.

One of my favourite characters is director Kim SukHyun. He takes a shine to KyuWon in the sense that he can see her beautiful personality and potential – he does cause heaps of problems for her along the way by pushing her to do stuff all the time though, like be in the musical when everyone hates her, – though turning him down would be a chore for anyone.


There are some great character pairings and I think there wasn’t an even slightly less than perfect match of actor and character in the whole program. And now that I have come to the end I just hate that the only way to see keep seeing them all is to watch the bloody thing all over again. Which I probably will do at some point later down the line.


By the end I just wanted to bang their f*cking heads together – why is everything I’m watching at the moment so frustrating?! Between the last three episodes of heartstrings and the mid point in Zenkai Girl, I’m just about ready to march over there and punch them all in the face for being such f*cking idiots! Aish! It’s so annoying! Just be honest and you wouldn’t be in these messes!!! For f*ck sake!

Aigoo.

Anyway, aside from being unbelievably cuted out by the main characters and their adorable friends as well, - actually I was going to say that it is an interesting story and all that but really for me it was all about being cuted out by their adorableness.

I love Park ShinHye. I love her. I should never be allowed to meet her ever – I would get arrested for trying to squeeze her into my pocket so I could take her home and keep her. Never let this happen – please. If you are there, and you see me coming, for god’s sake get her to safety – She is just too cute and wonderful.

So, what have we got? Park ShinHye – goes without saying, a genius addition to the drama. Such skill, really funny, completely lovable. YongHwa – stunning voice, brilliant watery eyes, and such fantastic fun to watch when he is being so mean! MinHyuk – I don’t think he could have been any more adorable and brilliant, he must have taken acting lessons from a litter of new born puppies. (god that was a sickly thing to say!) Im SeMi – also must have gone to the same puppy class as MinHyuk. It is too much cuteness for me. I’m overloading.

I suppose it is balanced out by LeeShin’s absolute d*ckheadedness – actually I guess HeeJoo’s aswell. Yes it is obvious we are gonna love them by the end! But that just makes it all the more alright to love how mean they are at the start!

(You can tell how much I loved the show because all how many exclamation marks I’m using. I don’t like to use them normally)

The soundtrack is great, and there are some places online where you can find the incidentals and some of the score as well. Most of the pieces are performed by the cast and there is even one by HongKi in there also. (that tune really didn’t help stem the tide of tears when things were all cracking up though – god damn it we don’t need that boy making it harder for us!)

I know this drama was hugely popular. I hope it didn’t disappoint anyone. The ratings were appropriately high and I hope people’s reactions were also appreciative and warm. They are just deserving of the praise this show has been receiving.

There are so many talented Korean stars it makes me sick. Eternally indebted to the Korean entertainment industry for constantly showing us all this wonderful sh*t. I cant seem to stop loving it all – which really doesn’t help as I really need to concentrate on my Japanese studies right now.

This was never going to be a good review was it. From the outset. All I was bound to do was gush. Cant be helped. The whole thing was too cute for appropriate words.



‘You’ve fallen for me’  ..?   You’re damn right I have.








short clip, MinHyuk acting like a puppy dork:



The cast:
The cast:
The stupid:
The promo poster:






~

No comments:

Post a Comment